Undeniably, ACT is important for high school students who are considering applying to college. While the multiple-choice sections are devised to assess the knowledge in Math, English, Science, and Reading, there is also a writing section that evaluates students’ capacity to write an essay. Performing remarkably in this segment can distinguish you as an accomplished writer to colleges. No wonder, most students are seen to seek academic ACT essay help from reputed services than it is imagined to be.
Now, though it is quite easy to comprehend how to score a multiple choice test, you perhaps may wonder what will help you earn a good score on the ACT essay. No need to fret. Here, we will walk you through certain foolproof tips and tricks that will enable you to score the 12 on the essay you were aiming for.
Let’s dive right in!
Go Through The Prompt
The ACT essay prompt must typically incorporate up to 3 perspectives. Though you do not need to agree with any of the perspectives, it is crucial to have an in-depth understanding of the topics and understand how you relate to every perspective. One of them must match your perspective closer than the others, so ensure to select wisely.
Again, if you are running out of time, try not to add your view as the fourth perspective. Rather, it would be wise to be focused on looking for the perspective you can relate to the most and that will support your arguments. This will offer you a strong foundation for an outstanding ACT essay.
Clearly Define The Stance or Thesis Statement
Clarity is the key. Choose your side of the persuasive argument and write out your thesis. Try to figure out what exactly you are proposing the argument for. This will form the base of the entire essay. What’s more, it will also round out your introductory paragraph, so it’s crucial to nail it.
Be Specific In Explaining The Reasoning
While writing your ACT essay, try to include three or four points in the body paragraphs. Make sure to bullet-list these when you draft a detailed outline. When you give a supporting reason for the thesis statement, describe exactly why. Try to be specific too. Also, never assume the readers can read your mind. So, always lay it out for them concisely and clearly.
Mention The Opposite Side
Know arguing your side of the debate doesn’t imply ignoring the opposition. It can actually strengthen your ACT essay. However, when you mention a point of the other perspective, ensure to counter it.
Try using statements like ‘While A may be true, B outweighs it’ or ‘Some will argue X will happen, and while that’s a possibility…’
Avoid Getting Hung Up On The Facts
Remember, your readers won’t fact-check your essay. It doesn’t truly matter if you make up figures or research, but your objective is to show them you have the talent to persuade. They know you haven’t prepared for this topic remarkably or researched it well. The key lies in the ethos, pathos, and logos of your essay.
For all those ACT-writing superstars out there who are looking to score a 12, take these tried-and-tested tips to heart, and get practicing. The prompts may seek tough, but practicing and coming up with new arguments on the fly will help.
The success of your ACT essay depends on preparation as well as execution. This article highlights certain surefire tips and tricks that will help you win the heart of ACT graders with ease.
Alley John is an investor relations manager at a corporate firm in Australia. He is associated with MyAssignmenthelp.io to guide finance and accounting students with their assignments and coursework.
When it comes to college admissions the pressure is real, and a good score on the ACT essay can make or break your application. To that end, it is essential that you are aware of the best strategies for success on the ACT essay. Here are 5 unique tips to help you maximize your score and get the best possible result:
1. Understand the Prompt: The first step to a successful essay is to take the time to fully understand the prompt and break it down into its components. Ask yourself what the purpose and goal of the essay is and then structure your essay in such a way that it best meets that objective.
2. Research your Topic: Researching the topic at hand for your essay can help you to think of new and creative ways of looking at the subject. Not only will it provide you with powerful talking points and ideas but it will also give you a more diverse and comprehensive understanding of the topic.
3. Structure your Essay: Structuring your essay is an essential part of succeeding on the ACT essay. Spend time coming up with a strong and logical structure for your essay before you begin to write and make sure that your arguments are well connected.
4. Use Powerful Language: To maximize your score you should use powerful and compelling language. Make sure your writing is concise and to the point but also incorporate compelling arguments in your essay for maximum impact.
5. Proofread your Essay: Lastly, make sure you take the time to thoroughly read your essay. Check for grammatical mistakes and ensure that your essay is coherent and logically structured. It is also helpful to have someone else read your essay and provide feedback.
By following these 5 unique tips, you can ensure that you are fully prepared for the ACT essay. Proper preparation and dedication will go a long way towards achieving success and earning a high score. Good luck!